I pulled this quilt out earlier this year to work on but was frustrated with the lack of variety that my mother seemed to have in her stash. I learned from working on Garden Party to tackle these complex quilts one small step at a time in order not to be overwhelmed. So I decided to focus on the small 4 1/2 inch star block in the center of all of the bigger blocks. When I did this I managed to find all the variety that I needed in her stash and completed those small stars today.
Another realization that I had while working on this quilt was that there is a constant of black and orange in the quilt and my mother had neither of those so I already had to add fabric from my own stash to make this quilt. This makes me feel less strict about sticking with her fabric only but I'm going to select from hers first where possible.