Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

1Q FAL and Prairie Moon 2017 Final Countdown Challenge

When the FAL challenge comes around I have been laundry listing all my UFOs. Sort of cheating really. Not very thoughtful about what I really hope to accomplish. Then Shelly at Prairie Moon Quilts had her 2017 Final Countdown challenges. The third challenge is to make a list of 12 quilts you really hope to finish in 2018. In other words, a call to be thoughtful about what you want to accomplish.

Here is my list no particular order.

1) Carleens Matchstick Marimba
2) Double Four Patch
3) Strip Stacks - green and pink
4) Mystery Quilt LQS
5) Renees navy top
6) 4 patch on point - black green pink
7) Happy Block Jean Quilt - Jason
8) Pieced together contest
9) Double Wedding Ring
10) Renees yellow top
11) tumbler
12) Rays Horse Quilt
13) Any charity quilt I have languishing here for FAL purposes.

Most of these are unquilted tops. 3 are in beginning stages of piecing. 2 need to be checked over for popped seams and then quilted.

Quilting is my stumbling block but I’m trying to get over that. I am linking with Shelly at the above link for her challenge and Leanne at She Can Quilt for 1Q FAL 2018.

Hugs,

Swooze

5 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have a simliar list for Judy at Patchwork Times. She called nmber 10......andI pieced a back! One step forward.

patty a. said...

I still have 16 items on my UFO list, but I know if I had signed up for one of the challenges the first number called would be a project that would take a long time to finish. I will be happy to reduce my UFO list by half this year.

Chantal said...

Having a list and someone to drag you along their challenge is always good motivator ... for me anyway. I tagged along with Sarah for Scrap Attack 2018. Even if I only accomplish half ... it will still be that much less scraps, right? So good luck to you with your goals. We can do this, yes, we can! ;^)

Shelly said...

Unquilted tops is a big part of my problem, too! Good luck to us both!

Lynette said...

Yeah, I definitely benefit from listing things and having link-ups to share on. Get so much more finished up that way!