Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tweaking My Blog I do not usually notice people's tweaks that they make on their blog unless it is a complete overhaul. Since I have only one UFO left to complete I felt it was time to make a WHIMM (works hidden in my mind) or a HSY (haven't started yet) list. I went with HSY since I have the fabric for lot's of quilts purchased to specifically make a pattern. I was able to quickly list a dozen quilts and felt that was a good number to start with. I have three I would like to complete for Christmas gifts so will probably work on those all at the same time. All 12 will be "kitted" this weekend so that I can quickly find my fabric and pattern.

I noticed on the "dashboard" for my blog that I had a follower. I dug around a little bit and learned how to become a follower of other blogs and then to list my own followers. I like the feature so far as I can quickly at a glance see who has updated recently. The only bad thing is some might think I don't like them. I like so many blogs...I am sure my list will grow as my memory brings you to the forefront!

What is your favorite part of my blog? What bugs you about my blog?

6 comments:

Jen said...

I didn't know what a follower was until it showed up on my blog so little by little I started adding the blogs I read to my following list. I thought it was a fun feature!

Now...about this UFO business...SERIOUSLY? You SERIOUSLY only have ONE to go?? {faints dead away}

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and the birthday wish. Your name is in the basket. Good Luck, Jane

Quilt crazy said...

Thanks for the follower information. I've been wondering how it shows up. I will soon be adding it to mine at oregonquilt.blogstpot.com

The Calico Cat said...

Honestly, I have never analyzed what I like or don't like about ones blog (Anyones... Except for maybe the ones who have a black background & write in yellow - on bloglines that is not readable...)

So you wanna know what bugs me - maybe it only bugs me because you asked & so I am analyzing...
1. Your "favorite" blog list seems to have too much information with out rationale - for example, Trishquilts - 1 day ago. What happened 1 day ago, you visited it - since it is one of your favorites?

Oh & 177/187/199/226.5 - I think part of that has to do with weightloss based upon the ticker...

I don't know diddlysquat about followers & not sure that I care to figure it out... so that is not necessarily a bug. I actually kind of like to see how it works since I have heard about it.

1 UFO - I too am about to pass out...

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! One to go - you are an inspiration to us all! I like your HSY catagory - that's what I need to have, after I finish my UFO's.

Babs said...

Love your blog. I don't know why my picture didn't show up under followers. Also, you don't have my blog listed :( I've been doing a lot there lately.