Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I Got the Nicest Phone Call

I got a call from a local gal here that is a member of the guild in Monroe on Monday. She was one of, if not the first, to respond to a message I posted on the guild website asking for information on Monroe. She was asking me about myself and how I was doing. She let me know that she had told other ladies about me since she might be late and that they were expecting me. Wow...expecting me. What a nice welcoming feeling that is.

I had also happened across the blog of another Monroe guild member. I left her a comment and let her know I was in the area. This wonderful lady offered to give me a ride to the meeting. I sure would have taken her up on her offer but I like to explore in my car and am always finding new and interesting places.

Tomorrow is the guild meeting. My first ever guild meeting. They told me to bring show and tell. I have been busily working on my Springe Breeze and hope to have more of my little 3 x 3 units I am making. I need 8 but I am a pinner and it will take me awhile. More is better than not.

Hope you are having a happy springy day.

3 comments:

Babs said...

That's wonderful! I hope you have a great time. You'll have to blog about it and let us know how it went.

romika said...

I am so glad swooze, a new quilty world is opening for you

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad to hear you have found some quilting friends there!