Last night was the sew in at the church with members from the Mesquite Quilt Guild and their friends. I took my bag of "Bloomers" parts with me (UFO #1) and started construction. I almost panicked because I did not have the pieces I needed for the first step. I knew I could do a lot of sewing without that part so for three hours I made the petals and leaves for the flowers.
Good news. I have sewed half of them. Bad news. I still have to press and trim them. So for a three hour investment I am on my way to making a dent in this quilt. Mom will be helping me later this month and it will go so much faster when she is here.
Here is my knitty project that I am working on. It is being knit on a Knifty Knitter long loom. I had to find another skein of yarn to complete it and was lucky to locate one on Ravelry that was sent on Wednesday and I had by Friday. It is a shawl for me.