Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, February 24, 2020

While I Was Away


Since my incident with the mountain and altitude sickness I've been soul searching. Trying to figure out what I wanted my life to look like.

I've been doing a lot of sewing versus talking about sewing. I haven't been blogging nor reading many blogs but I do read one of my favorite yahoo, now io, groups. I've been teaching quilting classes a little and working to setup more classes to teach.

I've had another vacation. It even included visits to high altitude although this time I was equipped to handle it with knowledge and appropriate supplies. It was good to conquer that fear. It healed me more than I could have imagined or realized that I needed. Ray and I talked over the bad trip and my feelings over things. It helped to air that all out.

Sadly life brings other realities with it. We lost Duke late last year. He was put to sleep the day after his 10th birthday. His heart and spirit were strong but sadly his body was not. I've helped many a dog over the Rainbow Bridge but this one was particularly painful. He left a giant hole in our hearts and lives.




Then 2 days after I brought Ray home from the hospital and one of the worst experiences of my life we lost Augie.  He was not doing well and I was running back and forth to the hospital.  I knew he didn’t feel well although he acted a little better.  I told him I was taking him to the vet the next day.  He died some time in the night.  He was 13 so more than likely if we had made it to the vet I would have had to euthanize him.  No good answer in any of it.




So here I am.  I’m going to try to make it a habit of visiting with you all again and share what I’m up to as well.

Thanks for checking in on me.

Swooze

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh! I am so sorry to read all the trials you've been through lately. I feel for you and I'm sending big hugs your way, full of love and positive energy. You take care of yourself too, okay? ♥ ;^)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good to read your post - not so good that you've had so many challenges and losses. Take care of yourself!

Bonnie said...

Oh my... what a challenge to lose two fur babies at the same time. It most have been really hard. Hopefully you are moving forward. Quilting is great therapy. Hugs