Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, February 27, 2021

February OMG 2021

I managed to finish my two tops that I set for my goal.

First is the quilt Dizzy.  I cannot locate the pattern to credit the designer but will do so once it’s located.  I took liberties with the design and spun the circles in a pattern pleasing to me rather than all in the same direction.  Then I added the Greek key like border.  I’m very pleased with it.  I’ll make the binding tomorrow while I still have the fabric out.  Probably a mix of the fabric used for the spirals.


 
Then I completed my little aquarium scene.  We went to a crawfish boil one year at a friends.  My kids were young and they loved helping wash the crawfish.   Our friend Dave would dump them in a big tub and let the kids spray them with the house.  There would be escapees and the kids would squeal with delight.  That year there was a baby red ear slider in with the crawdads.  After lots of discussion we brought that turtle home with us.  One of the crawfish made the journey as well.  We setup the aquarium and both thrived.  The crawdad even molted and turned a pretty shade of blue.  We added goldfish to the tank at some point because crawfish will eat them.  We researched the turtle and learned they are herbivores....as babies.  

Many years later my friend Glen made an amazing quilt of animals from drunkards path blocks.  That quilt inspired me to create the scene described here in fabric.  I still have to embellish it but this stage was the goal I was trying to achieve.



How did I do?  I’m very pleased with it and can’t wait to complete and hang it!

Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for One Monthly Goal.

Happy quilting!



5 comments:

Pam in KC said...

I love the aquarium quilt and story. Your friend's quilt is amazing as well. I have to keep telling myself I have too many quilts in progress to try something new --- for now.

Chantal said...

I'd say you did an EXCELLENT job with the aquarium challenge. It's cool! Great job on the quilt too. ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yay for two great finishes!! I love that Greek key!

patty a. said...

Good for you to get these two tops completed!

Patty said...

Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!