Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, March 04, 2021

March OMG 2021

I have three items for my goals this month.

First, I bought a kit last month and started cutting it out on Saturday.  I knew immediately the top would come together quickly.  I have worked on it several days this week already and have a set of 20 blocks almost done.  The strip sets for the other 40 blocks are ready.  I’ll subcut them and sew the other already cut piece to those.  I’m shooting to have a flimsy Saturday.  Fingers crossed!

The pattern is Marching Band by Atkinson Designs.  The fabric is the line Purrfect Petals.  I saw the line and knew I wanted to make a quilt for my cat loving daughter.  When I saw a quilt from the line I went for it!  I love the fabric so much I bought a half yard bundle of the line to share with my friend.  She and I plan to make the same quilt for ourselves.  16 FQs and 3.5 yards of background for the twin size.








The second item is a panel that I bought last year.  There is a matching border print.  Shelly at Prairie 
Moon Quilts issued a challenge to make something from a panel so this will meet that challenge.  It goes until April 30th so you have time to participate.  I’ll add a photo once I find it 😳.

The third item is to make a kit from my scraps.  I have all sorts of ideas swirling in my head and I hope this helps me focus on one of those ideas.  Maybe there will be more than one kit.

Join in with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for One Monthly Goal.  This is the goal setting linkup.

Happy quilting!

Swooze 






2 comments:

patty a. said...

You have a nice set of goals planned out for the month! That Marching Band quilt is pretty! Right now my only plans are to continue to work on my UFOs. I am expecting a t-shirt quilt commission so as soon as it arrives I will drop what I am doing and work on that.

Kathy S. said...

Your fabrics are sooooo cute for a cat lover. Looks like a great pattern for them. Happy sewing. Good luck on completing your OMG.