Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Oopsie!!

I try to blog at least once a week and just forgot last week.  We'll blame it on Mother’s Day.  I think I had a bonus day sewing at the church which was probably the true reason.  I’m head down on my goals.  I’ve read my blog a few times to refresh my memory of what those were!

I also turned another year older.  There was lots of activity surrounding that event as well.  Work was super hectic.  I continue to work at putting my house in order.  Just...stuff going on.

My first goal was to set the envelope swap blocks into a top. There is still a possibility of a border.  I have to see if I have enough for an idea I have swirling in my head.  I am calling it done for now.



I consulted with Mary from Making Scrap Quilts from Stash on her instructions for the wonky setting.  She got right back to me on my question and here you have it!  When I swap blocks I reserve the right to fix and/or replace blocks.  I fixed three to improve the contrast and substituted one of the blocks completely with a spare I had made.

My second goal was to get all four block types sewn for my Peaches and Dreams by Judy Laquidara at Pstchwork Times. I have three completed and I have a good start on the fourth.  Most of the cutting is done.  The goal is in sight!



These are the biggest blocks.  They’re done now.  I have to make 80 of the smallest size. I think I have 25 done as of today.

Finally,  I counted the FQs I had shown previously.  My goal was to make at least one kit.  I have 31 FQs of the Fresh Squeezed line by Moda, plus a piece of yardage.  These were from 2007 or so.  Doubt you can get them any longer but I’ll be googling.  My original intent was to make Split Decision.  I have selected the 9 FQs I want to use and have to find one more to coordinate with the lightest print.  I will more than likely make a Thread Count as well.  Just need a background.  I’ll shop for the backgrounds.  I’ll cut the Split Decision and TBD on whether I’ll cut the other.  The Kona Snow is too stark.


We went out to dinner as a family for my birthday.  My daughter had promised to come to the house and finish cleaning out her closet.  She finally made it over after dinner and left me with a stack of stuff that could go.  I hopped on the Nextdoor app and listed everything.  When I got up in the morning everything was claimed.  I spent the day setting things out for happy recipients.  I enlisted my son to move my batting rolls into my now emptyish closet.  I’m cleaning up the area where the batting was previously.  I am amazed at the amount of paper I hang onto.  I got rid of a huge amount and  also a broken plastic tote.  I’m consolidating some things and still have a ways to go.  Inch by inch life’s a cinch!

What fun things are you up to?





5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the envelopes look good.........belated happy birthday......just reading another blog and her birthday was around mothers day also.....

patty a. said...

Happy birthday! The envelope top looks great! You sure keep busy with all your reorganization efforts. I sure miss being home all day like I was for 3 months because of the pandemic. It is so hard to try and get anything done when you work! I am glad you at least got your daughter to clean out that closet and can use that space for something that you use. Keep plugging away!

Chantal said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a chance to enjoy it. Great job on the envelope quilt. ;^)

cityquilter grace said...

very nice envelope quilt! and great that you have new space....

ShinyNewThing said...

You've been so busy!! The envelopes look like cute little houses to me. Love the peach colours. I must start to declutter like you are doing, only there always seems to be something of higher priority to do.