Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 2021 OMG Complete

I didn’t mean to skip blogging the entire month.  I seems handwork keeps me off my devices for the most part.  I will admit that I found a game that is stealing my free time.  I need to set limits on that.

I put the last stitches in the quilt repair I targeted for this months goal.  I found places where it appears there was a previous fix but they didn’t add quilting stitches so I finished that part as well.


All these triangles were whipstitched together.  In order for the stitches to not show I made lots of tiny stitches.



My repairs are the purple and plaid.  These two photos show them as I was adding them in.  You can see the quilting stitches.


At this distance it seems to stick out like a sore thumb.



A full shot shows it blends with all the other solids and plaids.  There were lots of loose seams that had to be stitched in addition to the replaced blocks.  I told the owner to fix it or have it fixed as she finds a loose spot and not let them build up again.  I return it today and hope she’ll be pleased.

Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for her OMG linkup.






5 comments:

Elle said...

Congrats on completing the fabulous repair!

patty a. said...

Good job getting that quilt fixed!

ButterZ said...

Good work

cityquilter grace said...

well done swooze...there is a place in heaven for those who lengthen the lives of heirloom quilts i do believe

Patty said...

Great job. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.