Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, November 07, 2021

November 2021 OMG

It seems I need a little motivation on a project and setting this goal seems to motivate me.  I am cobbling together a quilt from some treasures that my client and her bff bought and wanted to make a quilt from.  Sadly the BFF died unexpectedly and my client realized she didn’t really know where to begin.

I sketched up several ideas and decided to applique the hankies she wanted in the quilt.  The problem is that I’m not much of a handwork person.  I can do it I just haven’t done a lot.  I’ve found that I do enjoy it.

Here are the first four I’ve done that I need to add embroidery details to.


Now I have to applique six more.  They are small and will be set on point.  The starting seems to be the issue.




One is not pictured as I need to cut another background piece.  I have the threads pulled.  Now to start!





4 comments:

Elle said...

I hope this quilt will be a great joy to her of the times she spent with him. A sad story though.

patty a. said...

Yes, starting is sometimes the hardest part. I hope this quilt will give some comfort to your friend.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely start swooze...perfect for those hankies

loulee said...

Good to see you in Zoom yesterday and great to see progress on this project too.