Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Slow Stitching Sunday

I should say slow stitching weekend.  Starting Friday night I joined Chookyblue’s zoom.  I really enjoy these ladies company and it has encouraged me to work on my handwork.  My goal this month was to appliqué six hankies onto a fabric square.  

i had two sides of one hankie done when I joined the zoom.  When I left the chat I had two completed blocks.  Saturday I joined my friends to sew at church.  There I completed two more and prepped the sixth block.  The fifth is ready to appliqué and will be the fussiest of them all with an intricate lace corner.

Pardon the wrinkles.  They are thrown on the bed for a photo op.




I will join Kathy for Slow Stitching Sunday today to finish up the last two blocks.

Here are some photos of a pooped puppy.  My friends love to tease him that they are chasing him.  He runs like crazy and by the end of the day is ready for a good snooze.




Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends!

8 comments:

Elle said...

I wondered what blocks you would make with those hankies Nicely done!

Pillow? Tabletopper? Wallhanging?

Happy Sunday :-)

Quilter Kathy said...

Wonderful to see you at SLow Sunday Stitching! ENjoy your hand stitching!

Ivani said...

Enjoy your hand stitching.
That dog is so cute!

Kim said...

Somehow, stitching seems to go by quicker when enjoying conversation with friends. Those hankies are looking lovely on that pretty fabric. As for your pup, he is very sweet.

ButterZ said...

Great work getting your hankies sewn. It’s always great to catch up on zoom

patty a. said...

Looking good!

CathieJ said...

I have a bunch of hankies. This is a great idea to showcase them. They look very pretty all stitched up. Love the pup!

kiwikid said...

Great work on the hankies, chatting on zoom helps the progress I think! Your dog looks so happy snoozing there.