Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, January 31, 2022

Design Wall Monday

Judy at Small quilts is looking for more reading so I decided to share my completed quilt top from the weekend.

Remember this was my inspiration.


Here is my completed top.  The recipient said they like blues and turning towards green.  I think I ticked all the boxes.



In other news.  Just as I returned to the house Saturday I got a call from Ray.  I assumed he was in the house and had my hands full so I didn’t pick up.  I finished unloading the car and he called again so I stepped into the garage.  He wasn’t there so I called him back but before it rang through he called again.  I answered and he shoutinto the phone “Get here now.  I’m at the corner of Bruton and635.  The truck is on fire!.  My heart kept into my throat.  I ran out the door, holding my breath, and the phone rang again.  This time it was my friend I had just spent the day with.  She told me Ray had called her.  I quickly told her, breathlessly, what was going on.  She would not let me off the phone and kept telling me to breathe.  I had to go less than 1.5 miles to get there.  It took the whole drive for me to get my breathing under control.

When I got there the firemen were there.  The fire was out.  I pulled up and Ray walked over.  I scanned the scene looking for our dog bandit.  A nice customer took him and put him in her vehicle.  Ray transferred him to my truck.  You could tell he was stressed.

I took pictures.  Ray salvaged what he could while I talked to the insurance company.  They dispatched a tow truck for us.  We knew we were probably in for a wait but the driver called and said 30 minutes.  We took Bandit home and unloaded Ray’s things and returned to the scene.  I called the tow driver at the 30 minute mark and he was almost there.  What a relief.  From the call to insurance to his arrival 1 hour and 12 minutes.  Now for the dance with the insurance company.  We only owned this vehicle three months and had invested lots of time and money in it to get it right.  Thank goodness for full coverage!

No idea the cause but will report back.




Blessed for no loss of life!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all safe.

patty a. said...

The quilt top turned out fabulous! Wow, the truck just caught on fire? I am so glad Ray and Bandit were both fine - the truck can be replaced. That makes for more excitement than what you were expecting that day! Sounds like the firemen were johnny on the spot and how nice for someone to take care of Bandit.

Elle said...

I'm sorry for the truck loss and so grateful Ray and Bandit were not harmed, albeit stress is awful.

Love the quilt top!

ShinyNewThing said...

oh my god, thank goodness noone was hurt!

Donna in KS said...

Thankful there were no injuries,except the truck. I really like this blue/green quilt. I may see if I can figure it out. BTW, I remember you from Judy's retreat in Brownwood. Again, this quilt is beautiful!!

roshni-mishra said...

I have seen that every person wants to express all his feelings as much as possible but he is not able to express his feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post and you have expressed words is very beautiful. Well, you seem to have expressed your feelings. Hi, you are a very beautiful post writer, similarly keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. college girls in gurugram
Butey girl agency
vip girl gurgaon
Busty Girls in DLF Phase 3
Low Price girl gurugram
cheap Girls In Gurugram
Modal Girls in Baga Beach
Hostel girl gurugram
Gurugram vip girl