Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, April 05, 2023

I’m Here!

There has been a lot going on.  I’ve been sewing but also decluttering.  The bug has really hit me to get rid of stuff.  I joined a challenge to get rid of 2023 things in 2023.  You would not think checking off a box on a piece of paper would be so motivating but it has really captured my attention.  

I’ve been trying to keep a balance in everything by not being all or nothing.  I had to pull out the timer to keep me moving along.  I’m going through papers from my parents house that are of the memories variety.  I’ve made some decent headway but also find I have to stop after a time so that I don’t get overwhelmed.

At the beginning of the year I made 4 lists of the quilting variety.  Two are lists of flimsies that need quilting.  I have not made good progress here.  I have quilted one and started loading the next.  I need to find motivation in this area.  I made two other lists.  One is new things I’d like to start.  One started there and brought to flimsy.  The list I’ve really made progress on are the list of UFOs that are in pieces.  So far I’ve gotten 7 to the flimsy stage.  Here is some eye candy.

You saw Linda’s Irish Chain in black, red and white.  

Pfeffernusse.  I added borders.


Double 9 Patch.  This required a lot of sewing.


Bug Rail Fence.  I was going to make two but decided I want a different pattern for the remaining fabric.


Double Irish Chain.  I added borders.


The following two were gifted blocks.  I set them on point.



Split Decision.  I assemble the top and added borders.


This one is sort of a UFO sort of a new start.  I had lots of leftovers from my commission quilts.  I turned it into this Chiclets quilt.


I only have 4 left from my list.  I’m working on adding borders to one%. The other is very intense piecing of 1.5” HSTs.  The final project will be around 35”.  Here is a sneak peek.


I know if I root around I will find other in progress items.  I did pull one out last night.

Hope all is well in your world!


3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

lots of great projects got done...good for you!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Super fun flimsys!!!
so 2023 things in 2023 - that is a fun and impressive goal!!
Its hard to go thru the memory part of the papers - what are you doing with them? I'm curious!!!
Have a great week!

Moira said...

Great progress in making progress on all those in-progress quilts. They all look great!