Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Spencer Update He has been receiving treatment for three weeks now. I feel as though he has made an improvement. I need to get him to the vet for a weigh-in. He is still bony but nothing compared to what he was like 3 weeks ago!

7 Sisters Update I added details about my 7 Sisters quilt on my side bar. The number of full blocks, half blocks, connector triangles. As I finish quilting a part I will update my side bar. This has been motivating for me. I told Beth that I would not work on any of my other UFOs until I was 10th on the UFO challenger list or higher or it was the end of the 3rd quarter. She did give me permission to finish 2 little totes I have to get done as gifts, which are UFOs, and not consider it a deal breaker. Yes I can hear her giggling all the way from Maryland. I think she knows me a little too well and it will be hard for me to stay away from another finish on something else. This is the only way I am going to make any progress on this quilt. Wish me luck! Go tell Beth to be nice to me too!

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I'm so glad that Spencer seems to be improving.

I need to get back to work not only on UFO's but on anything. Although I've worked in spurts since the move I can't seem to get back in my groove. Today I pulled backing for one small quilt and pieced a backing for a UFO - maybe I can actually get one of these loaded on the longarm in the next day or two.

Teresa said...

Good Morning! So glad to hear Spencer is on the mend. I looked up a seven sisters quilt just to see what the pattern looked like and am curious how you are quilting it. Do you have the top completed and hand quilting, or are you quilting it a section at a time?

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a great idea to make a list of the blocks to be quilted and keep track of the progress you make. Good luck!