Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, August 04, 2008

The Day Has Come

I had made a personal challenge to only work on my 7 Sisters UFO until I was in the top 10 of the UFO Challenge list on the stashbuster yahoogroup. That day is today. In a little over 2 months time I managed to quilt the blocks, setting triangles, 3 of 4 solid borders and 2 of 4 HST borders. This is a Queen size and my first hand quilting project. I think I have done a pretty good job of it. I estimate another 2 weeks of dedicated work before I can bind this quilt.

It is funny during this journey that my burning desire was to get to top 10 so I could work on something else. Now my burning desire is to get these borders quilted and this quilt bound! I will continue quilting on the top through this week and will then move onto another UFO this weekend as I need a finish to avoid becoming Queen.

4 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Way to go!!!!! Which I could say I am close to finishing up some UFOs!

em's scrapbag said...

Keep up the good work. It always feels good to finish a UFO.

Rhonda said...

Hi Swooze, I've been meaning to visit your blog and finally got the chance. Hand quilting...girlfriend, good for you. You can get the project finished in no time. You can do this. Take care and happy quilting!

Anonymous said...

Wow Swooze you are really moving on that quilt. I hope your kids are enjoying themselves with their relatives, so lucky of them to be able to visit them. My dd1 is away on a school excursion, she has only been gone one night and I miss her already. She will be back in 12 days.
Cheers
Eva