Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, October 29, 2007

Quilty Weekend I had a very quilty weekend. I got 4 backings ready for UFOs. I took them and the quilts and batting to the LQS to use their tables. I managed to pin baste 1 and began another. The time was somewhat of a loss as the back on the first was so wrinkly and the batting was wrinkled as well. The second I was basting along and got to one end and realized the top was not lined up properly so I would have to redo that one. I did trim a UFO so that I can bind it.

I was so frustrated over my basting efforts that I went to Target and bought two banquet tables so I could let my battings sit open overnight. I set the tables up in my living room and laid out my "Chain of Events". I smoothed it and let it sit going back and smoothing every so often. I let it sit overnight and then pinned it in the a.m. There still were quite a few wrinkles but I managed to get those out. I think I made most of the problems because I didn't press the backing where it joined very well. There is one spot that might tuck but I think I can work it out as I quilt it.

I managed to cut all the pieces for another set of pillow cases. I have the cuff pieced and just need to assemble them tonight then mail tomorrow. No pics til the recipient gets them. Sorry.

No more organizing going on at the moment but I need to. Will focus on my projects and shoot for next weekend to continue on the organizing efforts!

4 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

i hate pining a quilt only to discover that its backing is wrinkly or i didn't line it up properly.

check out my blog, you won!

Quilting Pirate said...

I hear your frustration - I hope things fall into place quickly with your hubby's knee.

YAH, on a successful weekend...it might be what you needed to do with all the other stress going on.

hugs and thinking of you and dh.

ShinyNewThing said...

British tumbledriers aren't big enough to fluff the wrinkles out of batting, so I usually open my batting up the night before and unfold it and hang it over a door, or over the bannister in our stair well, and let gravity unwrinkle it a bit.

Debi said...

I love your pillowcases, what pattern do you use? I need to make some for my king bed.