Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, October 22, 2007

Updates

Hubby update. He goes to the doc to be cleared for surgery on the 25th. If he is cleared the surgery will take place on 11/6. They are removing the hardware and placing a spacer. If he is lucky it will be articulating which allows some bending. If not he will have to wear an immobilizer and keep it straight as an arrow. This will be followed by 6 weeks of IV antibiotics. After 8 weeks they will go in to sample the bone and check for infection. No infection redo the replacement. If there is infection then more antibiotics. ***NOTE*** If he becomes ill enough that his liver takes priority he can leave the spacer in indefinately. By all appearances I think he will have the replacement later this year and then the liver will be down the road a bit. But I also know that appearances can be misleading.

Sewing Room Re-org update. I spent the entire weekend in my room. I setup the other cabinet that I have and emptied out all the plastic totes of fabric placing it in these cabinets. I took down the entertainment shelving and moved it to my bedroom. I bought a couple cubby hole type storage shelves with fabric "boxes". One is setup and the other will be setup some time this week. My foyer has been cleared of all sewing things save the UFOs, active projects and the cutting table. Things are really coming together now. I think I can finally show progress that can be seen by others! Photos to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always thinking of you and your family Swooze.
Cheers
Eva

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hey, there! Prayers for strength with your husband's ongoing health situation. Congrats on the sewing space reorganization. I cleaned out my bedroom closet today and it can flat-out do a person in, can't it? Good for you!

Greenmare said...

Still in my prayers~ Keep your chin up, and your cutter sharp!

Nicole said...

Gracious, you have been through a bit lately haven't you? My best regards for your husband's successful treatments.

Andrea said...

Good luck to Mr Swooze ! Hope all goes well. Looking forward to seeing photos of the new super-duper tidy sewing room .