Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Yesterday's Post was an Eye Opener! I must say that I was very disappointed that my pictures didn't show more progress than there really is. The two that really show are my baker's rack and my fabric cabinet. There isn't as much fabric there as it appears since I didn't fold it to use the whole depth of the cabinet. I have a lot more fabric than what is shown there in other totes in the room. If you look under my sewing machine you can see two there.

To tell you just how disappointed I was I went straight to the room after posting and worked on it some more. When you walk into the room immediately to the left is my MIL's sewing machine and cabinet. Stacked on top are my batts, magazines and cross-stitch kits. Down on the floor are boxes of miscellaneous stuff and assorted baskets. I sat on the floor and sorted through those boxes. I am grouping things into like piles. I did this for about an hour and came out with a grocery sack of trash, a plastic cart that was falling apart and some empty boxes. I have put away most of what I sorted out. If I took a picture now I still don't think it would show much improvement. I now plan to just focus on that cabinet until I can get it looking spiffy (3rd picture in yesterday's post)! Stay tuned for more progress photos!

I decided that I am going to get up when my alarm first goes off or stay up if I get up before that time and work on something. This morning I spent trimming that love quilt. I should be able to sew the binding tonight. If I am going to preach 15 minutes a day I need to practice it.

4 comments:

Sewbaby said...

Hi!

I too am in the process of reorganizing, cleaning etc of my sewing room.
I am too embarrass to post my photos but we could be viewing the same room...smile.
It is HARD! I thought I would be done after a couple of days...don't think so.
Well...got to get back in there.

Traci

Sarah Nopp said...

You need to find some photo-stitching software so you can give us a 360 degree look!
And do it before & after.

Quilting Pirate said...

You go girl!!! I think I'm going to follow suit today and do more cleaning up.

ShinyNewThing said...

Wow, you have a lot of stuff! makes me feel better about the glory hole I call a sewing cupboard. I bound the seaside wallhanging today (cheated and used the machine) - it is 25" x 40" so it easily went on my frame which has 66" leaders.