Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, December 27, 2010

Reflection on the Year and a Mystery Quilt



I was honored to have Dorothy Young from A Pocket Full of Mysteries allow me to test her latest mystery. The final clue was revealed so now I can post my finished top. She did not offer border options so I have to decide how I will finish this.



















I have spent the past week or so looking through my blog to see what I accomplished quilty wise. I live in two places and have found that when I am home in Texas I don't seem to accomplish as much with my quilting as I do in Louisiana.

Part of the problem is that my sewing room is very crowded and I don't really have the room to work in there. If I need to cut anything I have to shuffle, shuffle, shuffle. Otherwise I can do what I need to in there.

You may have noticed I recently picked up my crocheting again. This I spend a lot of time on when I am in Texas. My thoughts were that I would work on my quilting in LA and my crocheting in TX. As I write this I just think, just clean out your darn room! I do want to do that as well. I will be working on it this week.

As part of the cleaning process I wanted to see how many quilts I made so that I can arrange things in a way that allows me to have my planned projects for the year more accessible. This year I did the following:
  • completed 6 BQ throw size
  • completed Saratoga Lights - double size
  • made 4 baby tops - stacked strips and hugs and kisses
  • Pampered Pooch top
  • Bloomers top - lap size
  • 4th of July wall hanging
  • made 4 fleece blankets - 3 baby and one twin size
  • 2 aprons and 2 pillow cases
  • Added borders to and bound Mom's sampler quilt
  • Participated in a round robin
I can't decide if that is a lot or not. It definately is a guideline for the coming year. I already have a short list of things I want to do in the new year. I will have to finish creating that list so that I accomplish them. Anything beyond that will be bonus. I do know that I want to make smaller items this year and to try several tools that I have bought over the years and sit idle.

Have you thought about your goals for the new year?

1 comment:

Mary said...

I like your colors in the Hugs and Kisses. A simple ribbon border would work on this quilt I think. It would be very girlie.