Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, February 26, 2018

February OMG Complete

I set my goal to catch up with my mystery quilt and to fix my horse quilt. I set stretch goals too. They were to finish the next installment of the mystery and get the next border on the horse quilt. I made strides on those but didn’t meet them.

The mystery quilt now has the flying geese, some with corner squares, the pinwheels, the strata joined and 76 of the 216 HSTs needed.


I worked at a retreat yesterday for a solid 8 hours sewing on the next border for my horse quilt. The goal was to cut down the first border and reattach the chevron border. I am making a header and footer of rail fence blcks. I originally decided to make them the same size of 4 rows each. As I workedon it I decided I wanted the symmetry of odd rows so went with 5 rows on top and 3 on bottom. By splitting it this way it will keep the horses on the bed below the pillows and still keep the design on the top of the mattress. This is subject to change as I go.

Pictured here are the parts laying on the bed. I was short 1 x 1.5” blue strip to complete the last rail fence row needed!


Open to your ideas and thoughts if you care to voice them.

What’s under your needle?

Swooze

6 comments:

Patty said...

Great progress. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal!

patty a. said...

You made progress and that's a good thing!

cityquilter grace said...

i think the horse quilt is coming along beautifully....the rail fence blocks are a perfect choice...

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I like your choice of blocks for the horse quilt. I like the pattern it creates.

congrats on your finishes!

Rhonda said...

At this point nothing is under my needle...sigh,! You're making great progress.

Bonnie said...

Nice job. Forward progress is one step closer to done! I like the top and bottom pieces. Tomorrow a binding is going to be under my needle. I'm hoping for one more finish in February.