Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Angela Walters I Think I Love You

I have picked up a few books on free motion quilting over the past year or so. In fact, there is one lost in the mail between Glen’s house and mine at the moment. My most recent aquisitions were Angela Walter’s Shape by Shape books. Yup there are two. She is also running a weekly free motion quilt a long at the moment.

I have been watching and rewatching her videos. They are wonderful. She cracks me up talking about making mistakes and moving on. I can do that! It’s my specialty.

So two months ago I was handed a live quilt to quilt. A sampler! I’m not a sampler fan. When I think about quilting them I can nit bring myself to do an all over design. So what to do?

Here comes my excitement over the Shape by Shape books, the Adobe Draw I talked about a few posts ago and the pressure of a rehospitalization of the intended recipient. I stepped up to the quilt and I started! The hardest step is the first one.

I didn’t like what I did in the sashing so stopped and mived to a block. My lines were very eavy but I decided to finish as it was. The design was sort of whirligig and I liked the motion it gave.


I have a few favorites.



I am pleased! I have learned so much and can’t wait to do more!

#quiltingismytherapy

Hugs!

Swooze

6 comments:

ShinyNewThing said...

Well done, it looks like you are really improving fast!

julieQ said...

What a great job...your quilting adds so much!

patty a. said...

The hardest part is just making that decision to start and once you get going it all flows. It will be good to get this one done.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Way to go, Swooze!!! I think that fear of messing up is what makes me not want to do any custom quilting, but I want to get more comfortable with it.... You did great!

Chantal said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you are still an apprentice. Give yourself the chance you would give others. I think you are doing much better than you think. Very expert were once a novice. I love what you have done on these blocks. ;^)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Her videos ARE great - I am learning SO much. You are, too. Keep stitching.