Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Quilting and Planning and Adobe Draw

Several weeks ago I bought Touch Draw from the app store. Mary from Making Scrap Quilts from Stash had talked about it and I thought I could design with it. I viewed her video but cannot get the sound to work. I read the associated documents and still no go. I shot an email off to Mary and she offered to send so e notes. Hopeful to use it successfully.

Previously Glen at Quilts and Dogs talked about her Plexiglass and wet erase markers and drawing on it as an overlay on her quilts. I was not tempted enough to go that route. Not long after I bought TouchDraw a blogger mentioned Adobe Draw. I was intrigued. It was a free app. I downloaded it hoping for better luck. I played and played with it. I thought it would be great if I could import pictures to draw on them. Lo and behold I found that feature!

I have a love quilt I’ve been trying to quilt. I started snapping pictures and importing them. I have been sketching on them when I don’t know what to quilt. Erase and draw. Erase and draw. With it and my quilt design books and increased courage I’ve been very pleased with my work.

My scribbles...


The quilted result.



I didn’t quilt exactly what I drew. Simplified it in many cases. I am pleased!

How do you decide? Plan? Prepare for quilting?

Swooze

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Wow, I like this! Free app, you say? I am going to have to try this one for sure. I don’t go to technology first. I need my friends to pull me there kicking and screaming! Thanks for the post!

patty a. said...

The quilting looks wonderful! I have a few go to designs - nothing fancy so not much planning goes into the quilting part. I just get the job done!