Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

CAL-I-FOR-NI-A

I guess I didn’t think of this as being a goal so there were actually five goals. I wanted to touch my toe on California soil. Why? Why not?

I love taking pictures and I love taking “artsy” pictures. That may not be the right word so if you have a better descriptor please let me know.

We left Phoenix headed for CA. Remember we unloaded the bike so now I’m the support driver. He led and I followed.

Within a very short time I wanted to get a good picture of him on the bike with the mountains as the backdrop. The key to that one good picture is taking lots of bad ones. I was extremely careful and pointed and snapped as I drove, keeping my eyes on the road.


This is what I imagined the desert to look like. All that loose blowing sand. This area was actually being cultivated so had been plowed.


We stopped for a break so here was my chance to take a posed mountain photo. The action shots are more interesting to me.


I pulled away before he did so he’d have to pass me.



Ray saw a little hole in the wall and pulled over for a food break. They had excellent burgers there. What was especially funny anout this sign is that I had asked siri repeatedly “Where am I?” She happily chirped the andwer. I’m glad someone knew where I was!



This picture was taken as we drove alongside the Colorado river. I wish that night had not been falling. I definitely want to go back and explore Lake Havasu City and the surrounding area.


We made it to Needles CA that evening. When we got up in the morning we looked around. This is the CA side. I thought I would be happy to have been to CA and continue on.


Thank goodness for a flexible trip. We explored CA a little futher. More next time!

Swooze

1 comment:

patty a. said...

It looks like you are having a great time! I managed to make it to California for the first time because of my brother's destination wedding. We flew into San Diego and took a shuttle to Del Mar. I swear I am going back there some day and pay big bucks to stay at the same resort. It was up the cliff from the Pacific and a walkable beach that went on for miles. Have a wonderful holiday season!