Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, July 16, 2021

Gifted Quilt

I’m back from vacation and all in one piece!  We went to Bristol, TN and saw Ray’s son and grandkids.



We camped in his yard under a tree and were parked next to the horse barn.  Our neighbors were very good neighbors.


Moo moo thinks he can take him!  We really had to watch that one!  We enjoyed farm fresh eggs and were gifted a dozen, including a duck egg.  We visited several nearby dams, a horse farm where one of the grandkids works and the downtown area to see a Fourth of July parade and small festival.  We were there a week and really enjoyed ourselves.



We drove to Baton Rouge next.  We went to visit my friend Glen from Quilts and Dogs.  




We had a small incident on our way there.  We hit a tire tread.  Pulling a trailer you cannot make fast lane changes.  We had traffic on both sides of us so slowed as much as possible.  The tread wrapped around the electrical cord for the trailer and pulled it out of the truck then was dragged the rest of the trip.  When we arrived Ray went to work to find a replacement cord.  After two tries he was able to locate the correct one and replace it with assistance from Gen’s husband Frank.



Bandit really enjoyed the backyard.  He had his own personal watering fountain.  It was untouched by Bassett lips because their legs are too short!  Moo was left out too.




I had mentioned to Glen that I was looking for an old quilt top or cutter quilt I could use to restore that top I showed previously.  She said she had one she’d give to the cause.  When she showed me what she had I refused it.  It is a vintage 30’s feedsack quilt.  I was not going to cut that apart.  She urged me to take it because she said she’d never finish it.  I happily accepted it but am now on the search for a vintage white feedsack to complete it.





Isn’t it amazing?.  Any leads on a white feedsack please let me know.

I will be back later with more on the trip.

4 comments:

Chantal said...

Looks like you had a fun and relaxed time with great companies. Those are a LOT of eggs! I wouldn't cut that quilt either. Good luck with finding the feed sack fabric. ;^)

cityquilter grace said...

check with wendy aka the constant quilter...she collects feedsacks so might have some...mention my name...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Other than the tire tread - what a wonderful trip!! and what a COOL quilt!! I hope you will finish it and love on it!!!

patty a. said...

Instead of being able to finish a project, you now have another one to finish! You are going backwards! LOL!!!