Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Quilt Repair

I mentioned the quilt I plan to repair.  I looked it over and there are several areas of popped stitches at joins.  The main damage is to a few blocks where the folded edge wore through.  The fabrics are a true scrap basket assortment with poplin, plaid and polys. 

I thought the assembly was clever and I had never seen it before.  They took a square and folded in the seams then folded in half and whip stitched closed.  Then they were whip stitched together into blocks then rows and so on.  No batting.  I really love the weight and texture of it.  These triangles are applied to the two sides as well as a prairie point border.






While on vacation I am searching for vintage textiles to try to restore it but so far no luck.  Will try harder once I return home.



Should be a relatively quick repair.  

Hope you’re having a great day!


1 comment:

patty a. said...

Your repairs are coming along nicely. The fabric in this quilt are so cool! I really treasure my vintage fabric collection. I don't have a lot, but I have enough variety that it can be a life saver!