Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, December 04, 2021

December 2021 One Monthly Goal

I met with the ladies at church today.  I played with the layout of my quilt ladies after having made a few sketches last week.  I snapped pics as I went.

Original proposal except the background was to be a peachy solid.  I felt it was heading to the blah side so changed it to the floral fabric as the background.



New idea number 1.  This idea was sparked because I thought my client said she would hang it on the wall when I cautioned her about over washing.  I thought this was better but a little lopsided looking.  I did love the big hankies in the center.



New idea number 2.  I redistributed the ladies and hankies.  To me this was so much better.  My client really loved this one.  Definitely my favorite to this point.  I have visions of sashing the butterflies to make them look like a window.  I have a beautiful blue solid to do the trick.


New idea number 3.  I felt like I already had a winner but had sketched this idea so thought I’d give it a try. I wasn’t really liking where it was going so gave up.




My goal for December is to add the embroidery stitches to the butterfly hankies.  I’ll run a stem stitch along the upper edge of the wing, either side of the body and add antanae.  I may have to buy more black floss but that will be easy enough.


6 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Jindi's Cottage said...

Like your choice of No 2...great use of the hankie collection...looking forward to seeing the window with the blue sashing idea...

Elle said...

Great options and I agree with your choice! What a wonderful project :-)

patty a. said...

It is a challenge to place different blocks together to make it look cohesive. I am looking forward to see the progress on this.

Janice said...

Good luck with your goal. I’m looking forward to seeing which option you go with.