Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, December 31, 2021

Goodbye 2021

I took my last vacation day yesterday.  I made more progress on the Butterflies and Umbrella Ladies.  I have the medallion center almost complete and will be building out the rest tomorrow, I hope.  


I have to sew the seam at the top then I’ll be adding about a 5” wide strip on each side of the medallion.  At the top and bottom I’ll add an additional segment that will bring the piece to about 80” in length.  

I originally thought about adding just the floral peach at the top and bottom with no piecing.  Then I thought that was too blah so thought about adding a slice of the solid behind the butterflies in the middle of the floral.  Better but still….yawn.  I continued to play with ideas on the design wall in my mind.  I moved on to a strip of the floral between the solid…noooope.

Yesterday when visiting with my friends while sewing I arrived at the idea of the blue bordered by the peach floral bordered by the solid.  This is what I currently plan to insert in between the sea of peach floral.  I’ll be taking some measurements on the bed to see where to place the strip.

Almost done!!

Happy New Year to all.  I hope to be sewing away the day tomorrow to set the precedent for the year.


6 comments:

Chantal said...

Happy New Year to you, Swooze. Wishing you all the best through the new year. ;^)

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy New Year....your top is coming together........

ButterZ said...

Happy New Year .. sew away

Jindi's Cottage said...

Happy New Year...looking forward to seeing whatever you settle on for that final segment...

Katie said...

Such a beautiful and unique quilt. Happy New Year! :-)

patty a. said...

I like the addition of the blue; it does break up the peach. Happy New Year!