Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Busy Week

Lot's going on.

The quilt I made from the hankies and umbrella ladies was quilted by someone else.  I got it back last week and made the binding following the Susie’s Magic Binding method.  First time and very easy to do.  I also made a pillow case that matches the back.  I will add the label and return it to it's owner.










I finished the Mint Chocolate top I had shown previously and the Salsa top.



I led a sew along of a quilt called Positivity by Jan Ochterbeck from her book Cut and Shuffle quilts.  Was a fun and quick process.


So as to not let any grass grow under my feet, I started on Bonnie Hunters Bear Branch quilt.  I’m sewing along with two other ladies.  I thought I was behind but found out they had not started cutting yet.  Will be fun to see if I motivate them to start!





I will be heading to Paducah next week so won’t be sewing much then but hope to accomplish a lot before I go!  I’ll be meeting Sharon after having known her online since at least 2009.  I’m very excited!

What are you working on?  

Linking either Patty at Elm Street Quilts linkup.

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

You have been busy with some lovely quilts

loulee said...

You have been incredibly productive.
It's always good to meet up with fellow quilty bloggers. If I recall rightly, there was some talk in a zoom session of at least one other blogger possibly making the trip?

Jindi's Cottage said...

Your finished hankies & ladies quilt looks fabulous...you have been so busy, whew all those finished tops! Enjoy Paducah, so exciting for you and Sharon to actually be meeting for real...

patty a. said...

You are getting some stuff done! Have fun at Paducah. I have never gone there; maybe when I retire...

cityquilter grace said...

oh the hankie quilt is sooo beautiful...came out very nice indeed...enjoy paducah...but probably no need to say it..

Janet O. said...

The hankie quilt has a vintage elegance about it. Very nice!
I don't think anything could grow under your feet, with all of the quilt production that has been going on!
I am very excited for you to finally meet up with Sharon. It was fun to see the two of you chat about it on Chooky's Zoom a while back. So fun to meet blog friends in real life!

Deb said...

wow you have been very very busy! love how the hankie, umbrella ladies turned out!

Bonnie said...

You are getting so much done! Enjoy Paducah. Some day I will make it to that quilt show. If you around at the end a friend reported the venders start lowering the prices of things so they don't have to cart it all home.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG your cruising along.......so pleased the ladies is done and hopefully enjoyed by the owner.........
OMG so excited that you and Sharon are going to meet up......Can't wait to hear about it.........

Marly said...

Well don making so much progress on your projects. Enjoy your outing next week.