Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Still Folding and Sorting

When I was folding my yardage I was also sorting out FQs and other small cuts.  I have a dresser and have been color sorting them there.  






I showed my racks of fabric but what wasn’t shown were the cabinets in my sewing room.  Here is where I will keep my categories that I want to keep separate from the general stash.  Shown here are batiks, Christmas, fall, oriental and winter.  




I’m currently folding novelties.  Three types, juvenile, rainbow and wildlife (bugs).  Next will be florals.  Once those are done I’ll be going back to the general stash and pulling out things that need to go in these categories to make room for what’s left.

I am doing a general tidy in the rooms of scraps, kits, notions and patterns.  I have been pulling things that I no longer have an interest in working with.  I’ve identified a few projects I want to make right now.  I will seriously destash once I am done folding and see what fits.  This is my reality check.  No new fabric purchases.

What’s happening in your sewing world?





2 comments:

Elle said...

Go Go Goooooooooooooooo! Good job. You do certainly have a 'bit' of fabric. But we're spring chickens and we can sew sew sew.....right? :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

your doing great.....when your finished can you come and do mine???
also having serious thoughts like you.......