Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Folding Frenzy

I’m still at it.  I’ve been folding in color categories until now but have slipped into categories.  This will make it easier for me to find what I want.  I have decided what my space limitations are and when those areas are full I’m going to become very generous with my friends.  It’s been easy to run across pieces and say “I don’t want to work with this anymore.”  Out they went! There are a few groupings that I’ve decided once I make a quilt or three then out it goes.  That will take longer than just giving it away but I may do some kitting to get the bulk of it out.


Above I have batiks, Christmas, winter, fall and orientals.  I have an empty shelf and believe me I will fill it.  I’m going to do some shuffling in and out of my color racks and this space will allow for expansion.


Here I have novelties with animals and novelties without.  My holiday fabrics landed here.  I have florals, patristics and solids.  Time will tell if this arrangement works.

Remember my goal is to not have a quilt house.  I’m still a few weeks away but I can see the goal is possible!

How are things going in your sewing world?

Swooze






4 comments:

patty a. said...

Looks like you are making great progress in your organizing! I have been going thru my stuff and pulling what I don't want anymore to make tote bags for the merch booth. Just when I think I don't have anything else I want to use up, I look and sort again and always find something! Since I am looking to move in the next year I have another parameter when I go thru my stash - do I want to move this piece of fabric? You are doing a great job! Keep going!

Elle said...

FANTASTIC! Great progress. How are the newly found spaces in your home feeling?

cityquilter grace said...

looking awesome there...

Chookyblue...... said...

your doing well......always interesting to see how others sort there fabrics..........