Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Progress and a House Update

I sewed a little more on my co-workers quilt last night. I like the progress and even showed her today. I didn't want her to freak out when she saw that I had completely taken the thing apart. She was more concerned about how much work I was putting into it. I told her don't worry about me I am enjoying the process. She told me not to worry about her because she just wants a quilt when this is all over. We will both be fine.





I go visit the house from time to time. There typically isn't much to report because it is all prep work. A little demo here, a little patching and sanding there. Today when I went to visit things are all patched and have been textured and the primer is being applied. They will be painting this week. They are changing a window that I had in my dining area from a double window that opened to a picture window. That is all ready for the new window to come in. The cabinets are supposed to be here this week. The windows will be here next week. I am replacing all my windows. I think we are on a good path. All I need is more money :). Next house update I will share some pictures.

Over the course of the past few years I have one mantra or another that I take on to get me through things. The current one is "If money can solve it, it's not a problem." In other words if that is the fix then it's not a big deal and I need that perspective right now. I feel so much pressure, stress, I don't know what it is flowing away right now. I am usually a pretty positive person so it is nice to FEEL positive.

Thanks for the support all of you give me in so many ways. I know that I am blessed. Would love to hear from you. Please share your favorite mantra of life.

7 comments:

Deborah Hamilton said...

This, too, shall pass.

Gari in AL said...

My mantra is "whatever" which allowed me to not get upset about things I cannot control. It came as a shock to me, a long time ago, that there was very little over which I had control and that mostly I could control me and only me. To most people "whatever" sounds negative but to me it is the Serenity Prayer, shortened. ;-)

lynne said...

with each new day comes fresh hope. i took it from national lampoons vacation movie when clark asks ellen if they were having fun yet, and she responds "no, but with each day comes fresh hope"

it reminds me of anne of green gables when anne and her teacher miss stacey talk about new days....an attempt at starting fresh each day, no carry over of yesterdays mistakes and woes.....sometimes i end up "starting" my day over many times LOL

i also have adopted , "it is what it is, what are you gonna do? " pretty much like gari above said...really? what can you do? only change yourself and your actions as well as your reactions. no on else's.....it is what it is....

Quilty bird said...

"Just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo.

Nann said...

"Yard by yard, life is hard. Inch by inch, life's a cinch." I have to remind myself of this when I get overwhelmed. If I break down a task into "inches" I make more progress...the inches become feet and then yards.

Vic in NH said...

And from the beginning, the fight we were winning..." from "We Gather Together"-Pilgrim Hymnal. Swooze, you are doing such a fabulous job adjusting and readjusting to all these changes. Be proud of yourself; you're doing terrific!

Lyn said...

Swooze,
My favorite mantra--"Winter always turns to spring".
Lyn
camlynquilts.com