Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, January 14, 2008

DH Update We went to the doctor on Thursday the 10th. We met with the PA for the Infectious Disease doctor. They were very happy that he would be able to come off the IV antibiotics and asked us to come back today (14th) to remove the PIC line. They tried to get the doctor's permission to do it that day but it was his day off and they could not reach him.

As usual I had my list of questions. The nurse mentioned oral antibiotics. The red flags went up immediately. The hepatologist's goal is that he is totally off antibiotics. I asked about how long he would be on them. How they would know he was done. Etc. We were at a bit of a quandry and the nurse and PA left the room and came back several times. They had no good answers for us. They suggested we come in early Monday and catch the doctor and ask him.

So bright and early we got to the doctors office. He said there would be no oral antibiotics. He said everything looked good and they would tell the Hepatologist that dh is clear. So now we wait 2 weeks and he should be made active on the list. I got a little teary eyed at that point. Partially happiness, partially fear. Now comes the wait for that phone call. To come and get a liver. Fear of the unknown. We are not done.....

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I will keep you all in my prayers. Fear is no fun but I have faith that you can try to take it day by day. Glad you are working on UFO's.

Sugarqueensdream said...

I'm sorry to hear your Husband is ill. hugs, judy

Debi said...

Wow, things are coming along nicely. Keeping your family in my prayers and praying for a liver.

JanJ said...

I will add your family to my prayer list. I hope a liver becomes available soon for your husband. Liver disease sucks big time! Keep your chin up! It's good that you have quilting to release some stress. :)