Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Need Focus. I have goals set to finish UFOs. I had them set last year too. So what do I work on? Other peoples stuff. Let me explain. I am in a few Round Robins. Those are time bound and I have to get them done within so much time. Right now I have three others rounds at my house. I plan, design and belabor each one. I want them all to be nice. And this planning takes time. If I didn't have these to work on I feel I would be less distracted. I am in 3 swaps. Two will be done once these 3 pieces go out the door. The last one will end in December.

So I am feeling sort of stuck right now. I want to machine applique on an RR and use the blanket stitch. I am researching techniques to make sure it looks good...ie procrastinating. I have the stabilizer cut and just have to cut the fabric out. I bought a magazine Saturday that had just the article I needed. I figure if I spend a little time each night on it I can get over the hump on this one.

Why do I do this to myself?? LOL...

1 comment:

ShinyNewThing said...

I said that before, didn't I! You need to work out what it is about the RRs which attracts you, and try to build the same interest level into your own projects. Is it the imposed deadlines? Is it being broken down into manageable chunks? Is it having to use your abilities to devise appropriate borders? Is it the community participation? Is it the feeling that you are 'gifting' the recipient?