Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Six Degrees of Separation Are you familiar with this theory? Someone sent an email to a yahoogroup asking if they could help them find 2 people by forwarding the information to everyone they knew. The thought being those people would then send that on until they ran into someone that knew someone that knew one of them. I accidentally happened upon a lost friend because of blogs. Can it happen again?

Do you know this person? I met her in Neuchatel Switzerland while I was going to school there in 1983. Her name is Beatrice Ruesch and she is Swiss-Indonesian. At the time her family was living in Engelberg Switzerland. If anyone knows her, or know someone who knows her please let me know.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Don't know her. But I do know Moira. =) And I've been on your blog before. My son plays around with the 6 degrees thing a lot.

ShinyNewThing said...

I went to a women's professional development day a few months ago, and we had a presentation on networking which referenced this theory extensively. The speaker quoted the original study and other work done since, and related it to successful job hunting through networking. The trouble with trying to find females is that they may change their surname upon marriage. It will be interesting to see if she is successful.

Nicole & Phil said...

sorry can't help you with your friend....
a stashbuster web ring question though.
I have moved all my craft to another blog now....called Nicole's Needles.
I can't work out how to delete the "Our TIme in Berlin" link. I have removed the stashbuster link from there....but cannot work out how to remove it from the web ring links.
Also, from memory, I need you to approve the "Nicole's Needle's" blog...I have added the webring link to this page already.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers
Nicole
P.S. Have been thinking of you and your family, goingthrough this tough time with your DH. I hope all will be OK soon...I can't imagine how frustrated you all are!
(((BIG HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I can't help you as to where Beatrice Ruesch lives now- but I attended school with her in Medan, Indonesia. We were in the same grade.

Anonymous said...

Following up to the above- If you are able to find Beatrice, I would enjoy receiving her contact info.

Don Eyres
Medan Joint Consulate School 1969-72, 1973-76

Katherine Kerns said...

My name is Katherine (Kathy) Kerns. I just happened onto your blog while I was trying to find other people who had attended the Medan Joint Consulate School. I was there from 1972 - 1976. Beatrice is my very best friend in the world! Beatrice is now married and her married name is Amrhein. She has a FaceBook page.

Don Eyres -- I have a Facebook page where you can get in touch with me.