Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

GASP That is what I heard when I took dh to the doc on 12/27. Actually I had stepped out to the public restroom as the doc's office did not have an RR. I was standing at the sink washing my hands, heard the door open, turned to see the clean lady backing out as fast as she can. I noticed she was looking at the sign to see which room she had entered. I said, don't worry I am a woman. She had her hand on her chest and was mumbling something about it being a long day, etc. I always chuckle at these events. Afterall I am 6' tall and I have very short hair. I am sure it didn't help that I was wearing my husbands fleece jacket either. Oh well...made me laugh.

While I am on this topic I will tell another story along the same lines. I was in Walmart buying groceries for the Holidays. I heard a woman say sir, sir, sir. She got louder and more demanding as she repeated herself. I am sure anyone would have looked. I turned and without missing a beat she asked me to get something off the top shelf for her and that everything she needed was always on the top shelf. She then said....you are a ma'am aren't you. I assured her that last time I checked, I was. Again, wearing dh's jacket. I either need to get a more feminine jacket and/or get a bow in my hair!

DH Update All the labs are heading in the right direction. His next appointment is this Thursday, the 10th. Antibiotics are scheduled to be done on the 14th. I just spoke to the doctors office and they are ordering an MRI/CAT scan (what is the difference?) to see if the infection is really gone. If it is then he is done. Have to wait two weeks to be made active on the liver transplant list. He is definitely making progress in the right direction. They said the scan can be read the same day it is taken so we will have a very quick answer once that is done.

Quilty content I have three RRs that I am working on. I have made the design for one and am cutting out the pieces. I chose a design for another one and have to look for the fabrics and sketch out my plan. The last one tbd.


Possibilities. In person the maroon is too dark. I like the all white as a replacement or a pieced white and maroon border. How would you piece it? With either of these I think the blue can stay.



11 comments:

tirane93 said...

they must all be blind swoozer. i've seen you live and in person. you look like a girl to me! ok, yah, i have to crane my neck and put on my distance vision glasses to see your face, but i thought that was because i'm so short!

Debi said...

Glad to hear Mark is coming along well. Make sure to post your designs when you pick out the fabrics.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I am glad things are looking better for your DH. Sharon, who is on the RR Bloggers group, has a husband who had two transplants in the past few years and I believe one was a liver. She would be a good contact for you. . . . .

Sarah Nopp said...

Um... maybe a fitted jacket? Don't y'all have big hair in Texas? And rouge? Maybe a girlie belt buckle or pink boots?

Nana's Quilts said...

Too bad it's so dark, as I really like the maroon. But something in that vein is great. If you want to add in the blue, I think it should be narrow like the one around the snowman.

We'll hold good thoughts for the MRI/Cat Scan, whatever.
Good wishes -
Marne

Clare said...

Best of luck for tomorrow and hope the scan is ok too.

How about a thin white border and then the blue?

ShinyNewThing said...

Going on the colours I see on the PC, I prefer the white/maroon which really brings out the centre, the blue border still doesn't look right with the green. I used to get mistaken for a bloke when I had short hair in the 80s, as I am stocky. I still can't wear masculine blazers.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanne said...

I like the white and maroon combo, too.
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Hope everything will be fine.
I like your snowman RR, but too bad to get poor result from others. I agree with Clare saying a thin white border and then the blue around it.
Good luck!!

Marla said...

MAAANN! (whined in a sing song voice) I'll take just a few of the inches off of ya' if ya' don't want 'em! I kept HOPING DD's would get DH's height and NOT mine! NO such luck!