Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Camp Crafting

This past summer when we went to Tennessee and Michigan I had taken my featherweight with me.  I had a few small projects and my cutting implements.  I never got around to touching any of it except to move it out of the way from time to time.

When I was preparing for the ?Oklahoma trip I thought about what I could take that I would have a higher likelihood to get to.  I had a few balls of cotton crochet yarn and grabbed a crochet hook.  I had been wanting to make more dishcloths and knew I could find a pattern online easily.  I had previously knitted a basket weave cloth and gifted it away.  I really liked that pattern so googled to see if there was a crochet version.

The pattern I used is here.  I didn’t worry about gauge and crocheted until I ran out of the skein.  I love it!


I had another skein of this yarn and am working on this pattern.  Again I am not worrying about gauge and will end up with a rectangle!  It will get the job done.



One other thing I brought was a quilt I had started for the camper.  I stopped at the point of adding borders because I wanted to check it with the camper mattress.  I wasn’t sure if it’s a standard size.  It’s a full.  I’m ready to add borders!



What, if any, projects do you take traveling with you?  The crochet worked for me because I could sit with Ray where ever as long as there was light.  He didn’t think I could crochet and talk at the same time but I managed fine once I got the pattern started!

1 comment:

patty a. said...

I am glad you found a small project and got a dishcloth done!

Lately I have had doctor appointments - just catching up from not going for years - and I try and take a project to work on. It is kind of a pain if there isn't a table close by to put the bag the project is in along with the extra thread and scissors. I took a counted cross stitch piece and since that is done I now take the 2010 quilt to work on. I try to have a needle already threaded and in the quilt to make things easier.

I do walk that road at lunch time. I try to do that everyday. Monday it was raining and since I had a doctor's appointment I didn't walk. I didn't want to get all wet. Yesterday it sprinkled and I did walk because I didn't care if my feet got wet.