Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, October 05, 2020

October 2020 OMG

OMG...in the true sense of the word.  Not goal but what have I done?  Remember the 6 QOVs I’m  making for my cousins?  Well I had a fleeting thought “I should make ONE beginning to end to make sure I had everything right.  I redesigned the pattern with the goal of attaining a 60x80 Quilt.  EPICfail!

I sewed over 6 hours adding the extra length I thought I needed for the 5 I had not done that for. I pressed one of the tops really well so that I could accurately measure and calculate how many inner border strips I need so that I could get some cut for my next sewing session.




All 6 look like this.  All the same size.  48.5 x 82.5”.  Wait!!  WHAT?!?!?!!  I was shooting for 80 length.  What the heck did I do?  Back to the drawing board!  But I can’t  find the drawing board. With the great stash migration things are a tad buried.  It will reveal itself in good time.

My goal for this month is to get ONE top completely made to the end.  This will involve deconstructing and drawing and deciding.  I’ll get it!  Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for OMG.

Are you playing?

6 comments:

patty a. said...

Oh my! Looks like some rethinking is going to take place.

Rhonda said...

You can do it!!! Deep breaths!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

what about another row of stars on the right ( un starred) side? that would addd maybe 9 inches.... ?

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I like your quilts. Hope the numbers all work out eventually.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

And I love your paint jobs!!!

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.