Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, December 04, 2020

December 2020 OMG

Time to set my goal for the month with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  I try to balance between it being achievable but also a little bit of a challenge.

Adding borders seems to be my thing this year.  So a repeat on that front.  I’ll add borders to these two quilts.




















The second picture is my camper quilt.  I’ll also be making the four matching pillowcases.

Finally, I’ve had a broken dishes quilt on my bucket list for a long time.  I’ve started making some units and playing with a layout.  I also have had a Bonnie Hunter design, Jamestown Landing on my list.  In playing with the layout it seems that I was coincidentally trying to create that design.  I think I’m going to modify her design and make my quilt Jamestown Landingesque.  So my goal is to make 50 broken dishes blocks, or more.  More on this in future posts.



This picture represents 4 units.















Are you joining Patty and the rest of us OMGers?  I hope you do!


p.s.  I will confess that I have two kits here burning a hole in my desire to work on them.  Watch this space for those as well!

7 comments:

Elle said...

Love the first quilt and oh my that backing is FABULOUS!

Great goals for December :-)

Chantal said...

Good luck with your goals, Swooze. Those are beautiful quilts and they deserve to be finished. Enjoy! ;^)

patty a. said...

That floral fabric for the first quilt is so fun! I like your broken dish blocks and the color combination. I am ready to be done with the disappearing nine patch quilt, but I have a long way to go.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful projects! Have fun with your goals (and the kits ;) )

john smith said...

@Sam I know what your mean. In todays economy its difficult to find a job that pays good enough to live on and is stable . I have discovered that if you just work hard and are consistent you can go places . Look at the author of this page , they are oviously a hard worker and have just been
Hey mate, thanks for sharing but this page doesnt format correctly in Chrome it is is overlapping.
cheapest printer ink

cityquilter grace said...

ooh love those broken dishes!

Patty said...

Happy quilting. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.