Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Retreat Day At Church

Can you have too much fun?  A few friends gathered today at church to sew.  We had a small gift exchange.  This group has so much fun together.  Lots of laughter, teasing and love!  The really fun part was that Karen and I are addicted to The Quilted Cow’s weekly live on Facebook.  Be warned it’s a super long sales pitch and they have awesome stuff!  The one thing I’ve fallen in love with are the shirts.

I’m not sure how I found them but I quickly shared the info with Karen because she loves the quilt shirts too.  We planned that I wear my newest shirt today so that we could stage some funny pics.  The joke is on me because while Karen and I were discussing the staging, Linda started snapping pics.  I think what she captured was even funnier than what we were trying to do.


 This, to me, was the epic shot.  I was telling her what we were going for.  We were talking and that’s my listening face.  If you didn’t know you might think my thought bubble said “What?  You think I’m naughty?”










This was the staged shot.  “What can I say?”  Her thought.  “That’s funny!”











Another staged one.  “What can I say?”.  Her thought “She’s crazy!”










We had fun!  But there was sewing too.  The pillowcases are done and the borders are added to the camper quilt.  Parts are cut for the broken dishes blocks.



















More to come!  I’ll show and talk more of the broken dishes blocks soon.

4 comments:

Elle said...

Life is good and a sense of humor helps!

Merry Christmas Swooze! :-)

Chantal said...

Sounds like a fun group to join. Happy sewing. ;^)

patty a. said...

Fun with friends and quilting - what could be better?! Have a safe and wonderful Christmas!

cityquilter grace said...

an in person quilt gathering? now that's a christmas present....no doubt it was a blast....