While I am thinking over the borders of Lazy Sunday I decided to keep sewing on something and this was it. I am only making 12 of the blocks. I guesstimated that I would make a third of the quilt size. As a result I guesstimated that I would need about a third of the required yardage as well. The only one that I guesstimated correctly was the yellow. I bought this fabric back when the fabric requirements were released.
I was working at a rather leisurely pace and it started to dawn on me that I was going to run out of fabric. Oh NO!! I calculated the number of units I was able to make out of each strip or strip set, then I started cutting the number of strips I would need to determine what I was short on. I ran to the store and found four of the five fabrics. I knew what was needed for three of them. I guessed on one of them. I'll have to track the last one down and figure out what is required.
Here is what its looking like.