Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, March 21, 2008

*********** Update: There does appear to be damage to the quilt and they actually did a nice job of trimming the batting. One block has two pieces shredded, some pulled stitches and one part of the pink has some right angle tears. Not sure how I will fix the latter. I will repair the block and when I get to quilting the pink I will decide how to fix it then.

HORRORS!!!! My 13 yo dd just called me to let me know the dogs had pulled my 7 Sisters quilt down from it's perch. I am at work and cannot get home for several more hours to see what the damage is. She did inform me the hoop is chewed through. I told her to put it up out of reach and I would take care of it when I got home.

I asked her if the quilt was damaged and she said yes. She said they pulled the batting out. OK that is fixable. I just said don't worry and hung up. I called her back and asked if they had gotten all the sewing do-dads and she said she got that before they did. So then I asked the question I was most afraid to ask. Are there any holes in the quilt. She said yes but tiny ones. My head is swimming at this point. She changed her answer and tried to describe to me what sounds like a run in the fabric. I don't know. You think my boss would agree this is a family emergency and I need to go home??

More later tonight when I see what is what. Those dang dogs.....I know I should have put it in a better place. That is probably why I am so mad...my fault!

19 comments:

Kim West said...

Oh my gosh!!! I hope it isn't too bad.

rlbates said...

Wow, hope it's easy to repair (or doesn't need repaired)!

Happy Easter!

Expedition Escapes said...

Oh My gosh, that sounds horrible--hope the damage isn't to bad! Will be checking back to see what the report is.

MAMACRAFTY said...

Your house sounds like MY house! Don't hurry home cause what's done is done. Can't do a thing about it or take it back.
Just remeber anything can be repaired, remade, readjusted....or just slap appliques of flowers and vines all over it, and quilt like crazy. Quilty hugs!~!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I will be thinking positive no damage thoughts!!

Jeanne said...

Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as you first imagined! I had visions of a nightmare when I read the post.

Quilter In Paradise said...

Oh! Drat those darn beasts!!! And you are working so hard on it, too! Well, you have experience fixing it, guess this will just give you MORE experience!

Mimi

Debi said...

So sorry to hear about your damaged quilt. Hopefully you will be able to repair it effectively.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Just sending you cyber (((hugs))) I can only imagine how gutted you are feeling. Hope the repairs aren't too extensive.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tirane93 said...

c'mon now. anything that got messed up we can repair. bring it over and we'll work on it together. deep breath, girl, deep breath.

rlbates said...

Thanks for the quilt update. How are the dogs?

julieQ said...

Well, I am sorry this happened! I saw on Bonnie's site that her dog almost eats quilts! (big holes) Definitely grounds for sleeping off the bed and outside!!

saphirz said...

oh puppys thought they were helping mom with her prettys.
It sad when it happens for sure, one of my puppys teathed on my love quilt and I have stuffing pulled out and a nice size hole, but I couldnt be mad at the puppy she's just to darn cute and being a puppy! Your puppy just added new charm to your quilt.

Anonymous said...

I am sure a talented quilter that you are, will be able to repair with a bit of creativity.
Cheers
Eva
Who has nearly finished machine quilting her gumleaf quilt

cynthia said...

I am so sorry this happenend to your quilt. I'm sure you'll come up with a creative solution. I have a lab that likes to chew too, but doggies give you so much love you can't stay mad too long.

ana-ane said...

Me gusta tu trabajo y me gusta la foto de tu perfil. saludos ane

ShinyNewThing said...

This is why you should have cats!! They are much smarter than dogs and will only leave cat hair all over quilts and not try to eat them. I think your boss should have let you go home, lol.

Sue said...

Your experience is one reason I'm not sure I could ever have a dog in the house! I hope you can fix it to your satisfaction. Good Luck!