Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

One Bobbin Down and 7 to go Ok I am maniacal about getting my UFOs done. I decided to quilt for about an hour on my Irish Chain last night. I ended up getting through one bobbin worth of thread. At this rate it looks like I have about 8 hours of work to get this quilted. One hour per bobbin. I am quilting on the diagonal about every 1 inch across. This is a queen size top and I was really questioning my quilting plan after that hour but will forge ahead. In the end I will be really pleased I know.

This is UFO number 4 for the year. I have another queen size to quilt by machine, another queen size that I am hand quilting and then 3 throw size that I plan to machine quilt. The order here is my current plan for finishing. I didn't plan to end with the smaller pieces but I think it will make me happy to get the big pieces out of the way first.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

What kind of machine do you quilt on? I have my queen size Christmas Beauty quilt ready to quilt - but am just dreading starting it as it is so big and I use my regular sewing machine.

I like your Simon Quilt!