Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lost in the Mail For those having experience mailing things to Canada.

I sent a manilla envelope with 4 small round robins in it. Very flat package. They didn't have me fill out a customs slip for it. I mailed it on the 3rd of April. Still hasn't gotten there.

I sent a second manilla envelope with 3 round robins in it. A little bigger than the first set but still a very flat package. I mailed it on the 16th of April. It arrived on the 22nd.

I asked the intended recipient to call her post office to see if it was sitting there for some reason. I also asked her to see what our options are.

Input please. My two RRs are easy enough to replace. I think the other two gals could be as well.

9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

My experience with mail coming over the border is that sometimes it sails through and other times they hold it up, open it, and want to charge you duty/taxes/handling fees. No reason. They just like to do it I guess. Hopefully it will show up soon.

Hannies Annies said...

oh geez I hope they find it..amazing how one gets there and one does not!!

ShinyNewThing said...

I feel for you, been there done that. When I lived in Canada 20 years ago the post system was very erratic. The sorting station in Ottawa was notorious for losing/stealing things, and mail could take two weeks to go across town. Hopefully things have improved since then.

Paula, the quilter said...

O man! What a bummer. Here's hoping they show up.

Greenmare said...

Keep calling and asking! Sometimes the mail is like pony express and sometimes it's like Star Trek beaming up! grrrrrrrr

Greenmare said...

Keep calling and asking! Sometimes the mail is like pony express and sometimes it's like Star Trek beaming up! grrrrrrrr

Mary said...

I have had similar results with Canadian mailing partners, both to and from being lost for months. Its so aggrivating, sorry!

Cathi said...

There's a reason some of us call our postal system Canada Storage! LOL April 3rd and still not here? I wouldn't get too worried till the end of this week. If the Customs guys decided to open it, it could easily be delayed this long. If the envelope got damaged in any way, it will definitely take a while longer than you would think. Canada Post is quite good at packaging damaged envelopes and sending them on -- but they do get delayed.

I've had packages from N.Y. State take over 2.5 weeks to get here -- we could drive there and back faster!

Rose Marie said...

We don't call our postal system 'snail mail' for nothing. We're still waiting for a Xmas card from a year ago to arrive. Recently, a parcel (from Iceland) and a letter (from just north of Toronto) that were mailed on the same day arrived almost at the same time.