Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It Arrived!! I picked dd up from school and she asked me if I had mailed her letter to Canada yet. I told her I had not and was going to go home and re-make my RR's and take all of it to the PO at the same time. I stopped at the computer to check my email and what do I see? An email from the lady I sent the 4 round robins too saying they had finally arrived. She said the envelope had looked as though it got stuck in a machine but the contents are fine. Now I have to go mail dd's letter!

Dog news.... My dear Spencer keeps getting thinner. When we got him he was around 50 pounds. I thought he was thin at that weight and sort of fattened him up to about 60 pounds. The vet said stop! So we dieted him back down to 50. Well, now the poor guy is down to 36 pounds. We had several bouts with girardia and whip worm. We think we finally conquered that and he actually gained a few pounds. But now he is losing again and he just does not look well. He is very boney. I took him to the vet Saturday for blood work. They called yesterday to tell me that he is not absorbing the nutrients from his food. He is basically starving to death. They had me bring him back for more tests this a.m. I asked the vet to toss around some possibilities of what could be going on. He said enzyme or vitamin deficiency. These can be addressed with food additivies. He also dropped the dreaded "C" word. He could have lymphoma of his digestive tract. Let's hope for one of the first two. Spencer is about 13 now and has had a very good life. He was our first rescue from STAAR. We sure hope to have him a few more years.

To end on a happy quilty note. I have the binding sewn onto my Irish Chain. Now I just have to hand tack it down to the back. I also re-basted a UFO that was a little too wrinkly on the back. I have the bobbins loaded and when I get tired of hand sewing my binding I will start quilting away on the next UFO. I have two RRs here at the house I need to work on. I am also working on my ugly challenge due tomorrow but plan to beg for an extension until Saturday. Hope they say yes!

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear the RR arrived! Sorry to hear about Spencer being ill. I hope the vet is able to determine what is ailing him and find a fix for it.

julieQ said...

Poor Spencer! I am sorry you and he are going through this. Hopefully the vet can come up with a diagnosis and a fix for him.

Greenmare said...

oh no no no! I'm praying for you and your sweet dog. Oh I hope he will be okay! I'm still aching from losing my Tundra and I so do not want you to lose your sweet Spencer. shoot, now I'm crying for you both.

Anonymous said...

Swooze, how terrible for the poor dog and your family. I hope you find a cure for him. You sound like you have done lots of sewing too.
Cheers
Eva

Teresa said...

Sorry about your dog. Our pets bring so much joy and entertainment, but they sure do tug at our hearts when they are sick.

So glad to hear your package arrived.

JoAnna said...

I'll be thinking about Spencer and praying that the vet is able to figure out what is wrong and how to treat it.

Mary Johnson said...

This must be the week for sick dogs but luckily Chesty is doing better - just a GI virus. It sounds like Spencer has something more serious going on. I hope they can figure out what and treat it without too much difficulty.

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad to hear that your package arrived in Canada! Hope you get some good news about your dog too.