Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, August 03, 2018

Got Pink?

I sewed at the church tonight. Cut strips for two bindings. Trimmed the repaired quilt the rest of the way.

I had trimmed it Wednesday but my back was a smidge short on one side. I pieced in a slice to fill in the empty spot and attached the binding as much as I could. Will finish attaching the binding Saturday.

I spent the rest of the night repairing the kite quilt. When the night ended I lacked two pieces to finish. I need one more red piece and I need a light pink. I know I have it I just have to find it.


Here are some closeups. The red at the top is new and in the middle is yet to be done.


The dark solid blue are the replaced pieces.


I was given this quilt by a friend. I loved it when I saw it and she handed it to me when I asked what she planned to do with it.

Have you noticed I like to repair quilts?

Swooze

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Lucky girl, to be handed over a lovely quilt. How old do you think it is?

patty a. said...

What a fabulous old scrappy quilt top! The yellow with the red does make this quilt sing loud!