Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Meh

I’m stuck once again. I have a quilt on the machine trying something new to me. I think I have the kinks worked out and will try again tonight. But, it’s been sitting there for weeks. Inertia!

Most of what I have to work on are unquilted tops. So I need to quilt or get off the pot!

I have decided to start some new things. Forcing myself to just quilt isn’t working so I may as well piece!

Last week I spotted the tote that I knew contained my shirt plaids. The only problem was there were two other heavy totes on top of it. I cornered one of the kids that run through my house on a regular basis and had him move them.

Friday night I started sorting the non-plaids out of the tote and started locating the other plaids I’ve acquired to put in this tote. I also started locating fabric that I wanted to group together for other projects and placed it in there.

Here is the tote I’ll be drawing from for my new projects. The plaids are for Bonnie Hunter’s Scrappy Mountain Majesties. The bright colors are two jelly rolls and a FQ bundle that I plan to make A Walk in the Park by Craft Sew Create from. I may add a neutral to the grouping.


Stayed tuned. You’ll be seeing more on these soon.

What are you piecing?

Swooze

4 comments:

julieQ said...

I am piecing log cabin blocks, and working on the border of my row by row quilt. I love those plaids!!

patty a. said...

Those are some great plaids. You know what I am piecing after I take it apart! LOL!! I now have three blocks done. This is going to take awhile, but I think I have a system down so it should go a bit faster. I can't post about it on my blog since I don't know if the woman reads it or not. The woman thinks I could just quilt it not realizing how bad it is. When her cousin had someone quilt it, they did a bad job, but then again the top is a mess and won't lay flat. If she doesn't like it too bad. I am doing it for nothing and I still need to buy pink quilting thread! She doesn't know I am replacing all the pink background fabric either.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love those plaids! I had been collecting shirts from the Purple Cow that somehow got tossed during the Great Flood. I have a quilt in mind.....but don't we always have a quilt in our minds? LOL.

Love your plaids.....you can't think of anything to do with those orangey flowery pieces?

cityquilter grace said...

doing a border on a round robin for guild...