Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Fraying Fabric

My friend Renee gave me a quilt top a few years ago. She had two and I love yellow so convinced her to give me this one. She told me there were holes. Upon closer inspection I found frayed taffeta. I’ve repaired other quilts that had this fabric in it. I would suggest you zig zag the edges if you plan to use it in anything!


The blue was the worst but while working on the top replacing those pieces I found red and green taffeta too. The green is shot just like the blue. The red held up but I’m going to replace it since there are only two of them.


There is one piece of, what I thought was cotton, that frayed badly. It’s light pink. I’ll have to check for more. I want to prevent future issues before I quilt it.

I’ll share more pictures of the whole top once I’ve sewn in the patches. They’re pinned in place right now.

Stay tuned!

Swooze

2 comments:

patty a. said...

Taffeta is just not good quilt making fabric, but you know that! You made the right decision to replace all of the taffeta with cotton.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You are a Jackie of all trades, aren’t you! Oh look, there’s frank with my Popeyes Fried chicken.......