Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Insert Your Title Here

I was prepared to make a post titled “Friends Don’t Send Friends UFOs”. The reason is my good friend Glen sent me one of her UFOs. THEN....she posted on my August OMG post and asked “where do you come up with all the quilts to quilt?”


Really? Well, it seems I have people that tell me their stories about their broken quilts and I fix them. I have people that make quilt tops and don’t like them so they give them to me. I have people that don’t like how their blocks are looking so they mail them to me. I buy them when I see them at antique stores, estate sales or garage sales. Finally, I make them myself from beginning to end. I think that about covers it. Oh wait, there are charity and comfort quilts too.

Where do you come up with all the quilts to quilt?

Swooze

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Yes, I certainly do read each of your posts, Swooze!!! Lovely UFO you are quilting right now!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You covered most of the sources. Early on, I bought some unfinished tops from eBay and turned them into finished quilts - kept a few and gifted others.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Hey, it looks like the mail lady stole one of those triangles, huh?

Maybe you need a star or something...………………….

Sending Love....glen

patty a. said...

You are a magnet for the wayward blocks and quilts that needs some love! Let's see what you do with those six blocks. They look a bit Christmassy.