Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, April 04, 2021

Sewing Saturday

I had my usual sit and stitch Saturday.  I actually snuck in a few hours the day before.  

Fridaygoal one complete.


It’s even DD approved!

Saturday I started work on the envelope blocks.  The hardest part is choosing the fabric combinations.  I had started picking and cutting block by block.  It seemed so slow and tedious.  Finally, I stopped and selected the fabric combos.  Then I just had to cut and cut and cut some more.  It took a lot of time with the added pressure of them being due by the 15th.  I still have to cut the background but have selected a gray for all of them so the decision is made.  I’ll be sewing like crazy this week!  Here they are for your viewing pleasure.  The lower right corner shows one block without its background.  Of course one set blended with the gray so I chose another background.



I also chose some fabric to make kits from.  I’m going to cut several using the Thread Count pattern which is the quilt shown at the top.  I did not get time to play with it but it’s gathered.  One from animal prints the other from Christmas.




Finally I have a quilt that I feel needs a border but what?  I’ll show that next time.  Bring your design hat!

What are you working on?








2 comments:

Chantal said...

Those envelopes look like a lot of work. Looking forward to seeing more of it as it piqued my curiosity. I haven't seen one with envelopes like that before. Well done on the Thread Count quilt. I'm busy quilting, trying to get a finish. ;^)

patty a. said...

You will be busy! Do you have to have the quilt done or just the top done by the 15th? I haven't made any more progress on the black and white quilt and it looks like this week is going to be dedicated to digging up ornament grass so I am not sure I will be getting much sewing done.